Sunday, April 12, 2015

Madea goes to Jail

Madea goes to jail is a movie that came to theaters in 2009, starring Tyler Perry, Derek Luke, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Sofia Vergara, David Mann and others. This movie is just one of the many amazing Tyler Perry movies, and also only one of the many Madea movies. This movie earned 2 stars.


Madea is a character played by Tyler Perry, who is crazy and might have anger issues, but is like a mother to everyone that comes to her in need. This movie is about a lawyer who is engaged, but his relationship and future is interrupted by someone from his past who brings back bad memories and needs his help. The story line of the movie also includes the struggles of drug abuse and getting sent to jail.

The reason this is one of my favorite movies is because it is a mix of comedy and drama, the movie has jokes that make me laugh insanely, but then it has moments that are inspirational, that make me want to cry. The cast works together well, and I think that’s one of the reasons the movie seems so well done.

There is a lot to learn from this movie, from what I can remember the main thing to learn from this movie is that “forgiveness is not for the other person it is for you”, to me that is so important in your life because at the end of the day you will never fully forget something that hurt you but you need to be able to forgive them just do that you can move on. I also learned, that everyone goes through hard times, some worse than others, but we all need to stop playing the victim, because “everybody has a life and what you choose to do with your life is up to you”.

The acting in this movie makes you feel the pain they’re are feeling, and also I love how they explain why each person is the way they are and how they overcome their personal issues.
Throughout this movie, the weather affects each scene, when it’s sunny it makes it a happier atmosphere, and when it’s raining it more of sad situation or scary. Through most of the movie it’s sunny.

The music during the movie could be better, but it usually fits with the scene.

This movie is 8 out of 10

sources: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142800/

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST. The Madea movies are one of my all time favorites. Especially Madea goes to Jail and Madea's Big Happy Family. I find them so funny and I'm so glad you chose the topic of movies. Keep up the great work! I hope to continue to read more from you.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I am very fond of these movies, I had a hard time picking one, I love how each of the movies have a different struggle, Its amazing how Tyler Perry manages to fit so much comedy and so much sadness into one movie. I have always been a fan of his movies not only the madea ones but the rest as well. I am glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. OMG Mikayla, I love your blog post. This is one of my favorite movies in the whole entire world. Tyler Perry is an amazing actor and knows how to make people laugh and feel happy. That funny clip almost killed me, I am very glad that we have something in common about movies. I love MADEA! I hope you post more about funny and meaningful movies like this one. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I am so glad you love this movie! When I was bit younger I watched this at least twice a week to the point where I know it basically word by word. If you haven't already seen the other Madea movies, I highly suggest watching them. The only one I didn't really like was "Madea's witness protection program." Other than that they're all great!!!

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this blogpost! The Madea movies are always guaranteed to bring quite a few laughs to their audiences. Tyler Perry is very comedic and kind of crazy if I do say so myself. He's an honest comedic genius and I love most of his movies. I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is probably one of the funniest people! I am glad you enjoyed this blogpost! If you like this I suggest watching any of the other Madea movies if you haven't already. Also he has more meaningful and heartfelt movies, such as Good Deeds,Temptation and many others. They all have comedy in them, but those are just a little more sensitive.

      Delete