Saturday, June 20, 2015

Good Will Hunting

This movie was released in January of 1998, starring Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Casey Affleck, Minnie Driver and others. This movie has earned 5 stars.

Good Will Hunting is a story about Will Hunting (Matt Damon), who is insanely intelligent, and has a genius IQ level. For some reason he chose to work as janitor, but once he solves a very difficult math equation Professor Gerald becomes very interested in him. Will then gets arrested, and the professor makes a deal to keep him out of jail which was that he goes to see therapist Sean Maguire (Robin Williams), which puts everything about Will into perspective.

This movie is definitely one of my favourites, I had watched it with my dad because he constantly told me that it was amazing and that I HAD to see it. I have always been a fan of Robin Williams since I was very young, and Matt Damon began to interest me as an actor after previous movies I had seen (We bought a zoo). These two actors worked amazingly together, every scene seemed completely real, emotionally they seem to make the movie more interesting.

I love the several quotes said by Robin Williams throughout the movie for example: "You don't know about real loss because that only occurs when you love something more than yourself." which really made me open my eyes to how lucky I am and I don't even realize it.

There are also some hilarious scenes throught the movie between Will and his friends. Some of these scenes consist a lot of swearing, this movie is not meant for children. To watch this a sense of maturity is necessary:
In my opinion this movie is a 10 out of 10.


2 comments:

  1. I also really like this movie Mikayla. My dad and I always watch this movie together just like you and your dad, so it's pretty important to me. I love this movie because not only is it touching but it's funny at points and has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some really great movies. I really like your take on them. Good Will Hunting was fanstastic, I agree.

    A few issues:
    - Sourcing missing at times
    - Some of your media is missing or not working (ex. Dodgeball)
    - Spelling and grammar issues (gym’s vs gyms, man vs men, etc.)
    - A touch vague at times.

    Overall, a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete